When it comes to the often-complex process of divorce, one of the most critical components is the preparation of your divorce documents. If using a Mediator, many people assume that their mediator will personally handle this aspect of the process, but the truth is that some mediators (particularly those who are not licensed Arizona attorneys)outsource this work to document preparation or paralegal companies, which may not be the most ideal solution. In this blog post, we will explore why it is essential to know who is preparing your divorce documents and the advantages of using a Phoenix-based divorce mediator who is an Arizona licensed attorney to ensure your case is handled with the utmost care and attention to detail.
The Risks Of Outsourcing Divorce Document Preparation
When your divorce documents are prepared by someone other than a mediator who is an Arizona licensed attorney, several risks may arise:
- Miscommunication: Outsourcing can result in miscommunication, which may lead to mistakes in the paperwork that could delay the divorce process or have negative consequences for your case.
- Lack of expertise: Document prep companies often lack proper skill and experience. Additionally, they rarely keep up with the ever changing divorce laws and rules that are often quite significant. This could result in errors that impact your settlement agreement, the terms of your divorce, and even whether you can enforce the divorce decree.
- Confidentiality concerns: The more people involved in handling your sensitive divorce documents, the higher the risk of your personal information being exposed or mishandled.
- Price: Outsourcing adds another layer of costs that gets passed on to the client.
- Transparency: A mediation company who is outsourcing the preparation of your legal divorce decree documents should be fully open and honest about who is preparing your Decree. They should give you the opportunity to have your own attorneys or a mediator who is a licensed Arizona attorney draft your most important documents.
The Benefits Of Using A Divorce Mediator who is an Arizona licensed attorney
Divorce mediation is an alternative to traditional litigation that has grown in popularity over the past several years. This approach involves a neutral third party (the mediator) who works with both spouses to help them reach an agreement on the terms of their divorce. However, there are no requirements or certification to become a mediator in Arizona. Therefore, a mediator does not necessarily have any background or expertise in legal contract drafting or even practicing law. Here are some key reasons to consider using divorce mediation in Phoenix with an Arizona licensed attorney:
- Personalized attention: A divorce mediator with an Arizona State Bar license will take the time to understand your unique situation and work closely with you to ensure your divorce documents accurately reflect your needs and goals. This personalized attention can help avoid misunderstandings and mistakes.
- Expertise: Divorce mediators who are licensed Arizona attorneys are specifically trained and experienced in handling divorce cases and are well-versed in the preparation of legal documents. This means that you can trust them to navigate the complexities of your case with precision and care.
- Experience practicing law: Unless your mediator has practiced law as an Arizona licensed attorney, they may not have the relevant experience and knowledge to understand the legal nuances that must be drafted properly in your divorce decree. Arizona attorneys have years of experience in contract drafting and preparation of legal documents. Would you want to leave the drafting of the most important documents in your divorce to a mediator who has never practiced law or is not a licensed attorney?
- • How To Choose The Right Divorce Mediator In Phoenix
When looking for a divorce mediator in the Phoenix area, consider the following factors:
- Experience: Look for a mediator with a proven track record of successfully handling thousands of divorce cases similar to yours.
- Qualifications: Ensure that the mediator has an active State Bar of Arizona license.
- Transparency: A good divorce mediator will be upfront about their fees and provide you with a clear understanding of specifically who will be drafting your legal documents.
The preparation of your divorce documents is a critical aspect of your divorce process, and knowing who is handling this task can make a significant difference in the outcome of your case. By choosing a qualified Arizona licensed attorney who is a divorce mediator, you can ensure that your documents are prepared with care, expertise, and attention to detail, helping you achieve the best possible outcome for your divorce.
Contact our office today to learn more about Divorce Mediation. And, yes, our mediators are licensed Arizona attorneys.