Attorney Lorena Benítez Garzón completed her internship with Affordable Mediation and returned to her practice as an Attorney and Mediator in Quito, Ecuador. However, she is still available to assist Affordable Mediation remotely, when possible. Lorena has more than 14 years’ experience in mediation, negotiation, arbitration and practicing law in South America and Europe. Her capacity for adaptation and creativity in problem-solving through her direct approach has helped numerous individuals and companies move forward through dialogue and negotiation while maintaining interpersonal relationships.
As part of her internship with Affordable Mediation, Lorena completed her Master’s Degree in Mediation and Conflict Resolution at the International University of Valencia. This provides her with a European certification to assist in mediation processes around the world.
Other Achievements by Lorena Benítez Garzón:
- Partner: Asesores Juridicos Profesionales Especializados, AJPE LTDA.
- Legal Adviser of the General Intendency – Superintendence of Banks and Insurance Companies
- Deputy Director of Customer Service and Financial Education, Superintendence of Banks and Insurance Companies
- Legal Adviser of the Centralized Deposit of Securities, Central Bank of Ecuador
- Legal Expert in the Social Security System, Superintendence of Banks and Insurance Companies
- Legal Adviser of the National Board Director, Transport National Council
- Completing a Master’s Degree in Mediation and Conflicts Resolution at the International University of Valencia, Spain
- Master’s Degree in Labor Law with specialty in Management and Prevention of Occupational Risks from Alcala De Henares University, Spain
- Certified International Intern in the “Training Programme for Pension Reform”, Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency/Bicon Abinsurance Training and Consulting, Stockholm, Sweden
- Lawyer of the Courts of the Republic of Ecuador, Universidad Tecnica Particular de Loja, Ecuador
- Bachelor in Political and Social Sciences, Universidad Tecnica Particular de Loja, Ecuador
- Master’s Degree in Civil Law and Civil Procedure, Universidad Tecnica Particular de Loja, Ecuador