Kristyn Carmichael, JD, CDFA, is a licensed Arizona attorney, professional mediator, and CDFA. She focuses her practice on assisting couples in resolving conflict in a collaborative process, outside of the court system. Kristyn has years of experience working with hundreds of clients to help them find resolutions through mediation. In addition to her skills as an experienced divorce mediator, Kristyn is also a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst. With both her CDFA and mediation background, she supports couples in finding financially advantageous agreements, understanding the implications of their financial separation and the financial pitfalls to which so many divorce couples fall prey. Kristyn supports clients to find creative agreements that address the couples’ financial goals.
“I believe my role in the family mediation process is to help my clients find mutually beneficial solutions, while being both compassionate and empathetic for what they are each experiencing. Family mediation is my passion, whether in the case of premarital or divorce discussions. It is important to me that my clients feel they have the support they need to work through their process successfully. I create an environment for my clients in which they feel safe to share their goals and emotions.”
Other Achievements by Kristyn Carmichael:
- University of Michigan, B.A.
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D.
- Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts, CDFA®
- Professional Family Mediator
- Licensed Attorney with the State Bar of Arizona
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst
- Lodestar Dispute Resolution Training Director, Arizona State University Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law
- Conference Committee Chair, Academy of Professional Family Mediators (prior board member & Secretary)
- Member, Maricopa County Association of Family Mediators
- Notary, State of Arizona
- Certified Legal Document Preparer, Arizona Supreme Court